OMG Saturday of the Century!!!!1!
As you are all no doubt aware, since none of you have to my knowledge been hiding under A GODDAMN ROCK for the last week or so, this upcoming Saturday features like 7 different games pitting Top 25 teams against each other, the most since 1993, apparently. And other intriguing matchups -- like the Buckeyes -- will come to the fore, as well. For this momentous day, Evan and I are working on the logistics of a (*gasp*) THREE-TELEVISION SET-UP in his apartment, so as to miss out on as little of the hot college football action as possible. So, in an effort to lay out to y'all the ridiculous cornucopia of goodness, as well as attempt to coordinate the coverage we will be striving for, here's the schedule we'll hopefully be looking at:
11:30-11:45 range -- I show up at Evan's. Drinking commences.
12:00 -- Triple-TV action in full effect. The games:
- ESPN - Iowa State at Iowa
- ESPN2 - BYU at Boston College (earlier in the week, the Droppa was supposed to be carrying Michigan State at Pittsburgh - now that game has been relegated to regional ESPNPlus and is likely not available to us. Sigh.)
- CBS/ESPNPlus - Cincinnati at Ohio State
3:30-ish -- Chipotle break.
3:40-7:30 or so -- More college football than you could shake a stick at:
- ABC - Oklahoma at Oregon OR Miami (FL) at Louisville (with us most likely getting the latter)
- NBC - Michigan at No-trah Dame
- CBS - LSU at Auburn
- OLN - Texas Tech at TCU (5:30 kickoff)
7:30-ish-'til-God-know's-when -- And lastly, the night games (an audible may be called here, moving us to a sports bar or something. You never know.):
- TBS - Arizona State at Colorado (sure seems like a stinker now - 7:00)
- ESPN - Clemson at Florida State (7:45)
- ESPN2 - crappy games (Rice at Texas, Army at Texas A&M) (6:00, 9:00)
- CBS - Florida at Tennessee (8:00)
- ABC - Nebraska at USC (8:00)
Zowie. Stupidly good games, all, hopefully. I suggest that we all get plenty of fluids and get a good night's sleep on Friday, so as not to have a repeat of September 2, when all you 'mos were crashed and burnt by 7:00 p.m. As always: huzzah.