Tuesday, August 29, 2006

LEBO: Hoyrish Edition

I assume that both the people reading this blog are familiar with the term "LEBO." It's an acronym coined by Jeff in the comments section of the old version of theblog.net, and it stands for "Land of Eternal Buckeye Optimism." I like to use the word in reference to the wildly optimistic ("Seriously, man. THIS IS THE YEAR," every single year) sect of the OSU fanbase, especially when we haven't got much reason to be so jolly. This kind of attitude has gotten me labeled, on more than one occasion, as the "most pessimistic Buckeye" many of my acquaintancecs know. I prefer to think of myself as a realist ("No, Scott, we are NOT going to go undefeated each and every year," or the 2004 classic "I have emotionally prepared myself for our upcoming loss at Iowa"), but that's neither here nor there. The point is, the residents of LEBO are certainly not alone, in a national sense. I'm sure we all understood this in a strictly logical way ("Other fanbases must have people like this too, right?"), but now we have proof. BEHOLD, the game-by-game predictions of No-trah Dame uberblog The Blue-Gray Sky. I don't think I'm overstating it when I say that they are positively Scooter-esque.

3 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jack fu, you aer a dirty god hatin homo,

sincerely, Joel Wise

 
At 5:03 PM, August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have time to do this, you have time to clean the bathroom. Better be clean when I get home or I'm just going to have to kill you.

 
At 5:24 PM, August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Break of Dawn

My toilet could use a good scrubbing as well.

BTW... 42 minutes until kickoff at Central Michigan and the season officially starts. Baseball is nice to watch and all, but thank God for college football.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home