Baseball 2006: It's our year!! AL Only
First off I'm going to bitch about fantasy baseball. It's what I do. However, I want to thank you all for letting me draft 6 number 1 starting pitchers. But HOWEVER, not a single one of those pitchers got a win in their teams opening day game. In fact, all of those teams lost AND one of the pitchers got injured. Thank you CC sabbatical and your "growing" abdomen pain. Fatty. Yet, I won the draft. That's 12 fantasy drafts in a row I won. You guys need to stop sucking.
Anyway, it's baseball preview for the AL. NL is up next, because everyone loves the NL. Well, none of you do. But whatever.
1) Yankees - There's not much more I can say about this team you haven't already heard. Incredible offense, solid bullpen, and the starters.....ehhh....you just don't know. But any rotation that features a Big Unit in the one hole and a Wang in the three hole (think about it) is ok in my book
2) Red Sox - I'm not sold on this squad this year, but they should still finish in 2nd. I feel like the injury bug is gonna bite and bite hard. If everyone stays healthy, the could contend with the yanks, but I don't think that's gonna happen.
3) Bluges - This team is my under-the-radar in the playoff hunt for this year. Two really good pitchers when healthy (roy toy and Burnett), upgrades at 1B, 3B, and C, solid bullpen, and a really under-the-radar talent waiting to bust out (Rios). If this team can sneak into the wild card spot, no one wants any part of them in the postseason. But if halladay and burnett can't stay healthy, they have no chance
4) Devil Rays - They won't finish in last place for the first year ever!! Good young hitting and a potential star in Kashmir. I'm sure Las Vegas will grow to love this team once they move there.
5) Orioles - There's some talent on this team, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. This squad is mediocre at basically everything and excels at nothing.
1) White Sox - Everyone still considers last year's team a fluke. And well, it's hard to argue with it. But somehow, this team is elite. There's no reason to think they won't be as good if not better than last year. A really good starting rotation, better than average bullpen, very balanced and solid lineup, and a totally insane spic manager.
2) Indians - They just aren't there yet. In fact, I think last year's team was better. Losing Coco hurts more than you'd think. Also, some key pitching losses (Millwood, Howry) are gonna cost them. They had the best bullpen in the majors last year and I don't think they can do that again. Could they make the playoffs? Sure, I think they could. But no team that starts Casey Blake is any real threat.
3) Twins - Defense and pitching....yes, we get it. However, you need SOME offense and they don't. It's not the worst of all time, but it's not good. They might linger for a while but be a non-factor at the end
4) Tigers - You want good young pitching? Look no further. Wanna see consistently good pitching? Quickly look away!! To be fair, no one has any idea what to do with this team. You look at the depth chart individually and think, "well none of these guys are terrible". But THEN, you look at it all together and think, "yeesh, isn't there more?" Well, there's not.
5) Royals - Worst team in baseball. Might be the worst team in the international league. I say this for 2 reasons.
1 - Scott Elarton was the Indians 5th/spot starter last year. He's the Royals' "ace".
2 - One of their players is currently on the 15-day DL with "lack of stamina". They haven't even started the season!!! Your...head...X...plode
Has anyone else noticed that NO ONE cares about the west division in either league? It's true, just read my preview.
1) Something Angels of Somewhere - They'll win this division b\c they should. Then they'll lose a 4 game series to the Yankees/White Sox. Can't we just fast forward?
2-4) A's, Rangers, Mariners
And no one cares.
AL Cy Young - Halladay: I think he's back, for good.
Others: Santana, Best "Sock"? (Red and White), Dick Hardon
AL MVP - A-Job: The crop seems thin this year. Be on the lookout....
Others: Vlad the Impaler, Jim Thome, Mel Novak, Peyton Manny.
White Sox over Angees in 4
Yanks over Tribe in 5
White Sox over NYY in 6