Friday, November 03, 2006

Your shitty music made me barf, Loggins

So, Nips and I watched the Louisville-West Virginia game last night, and it was fun, but let me just say that OSU or Michigan (with Manningham) would each beat both of those teams by about three touchdowns. Brian Brohm is really good, as are White and Slaton over at WVU (though, and I'm sure I've said this on here before, I find Slaton to be mildly overrated. The vast majority of his big runs have come after the 'Eers' wildly underrated offensive line has opened up a hole big enough to drive a Mack Erin through. I think Slaton is a super-fast running back who's playing in a system that's relatively uniquely suited to his talents. Not that that's a bad thing, but still); shit, pretty much all of the skill position players on each side are decent pro prospects and superb at the college level. And both offenses are really fun to watch in their creativity and execution. But cripes, man ... can't you play some defense? West Virginia's defensive deficiencies have been extremely well-documented, and Louisville, as SMQ pointed out, won the game despite allowing WVU to run (expected) and pass (???!!???) all effing over them, to the tune of 540 yards of offense. That should never happen to an allegedly championship-caliber team.

But anyways ... the dance through the lillies for both OSU and Michigan toward the November 18 clash continues, but ... all the games the teams play until then are gonna keep being boring. And that's okay; I mean, I enjoy stat-stuffing games as much as the next guy. They're just tough to talk about beforehand.

So, on to the title of the post. I don't know how many of you have watched this before, but there's this internet show called "Yacht Rock," all about the "smooth" 70s grooves of artists like main protagonists Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins, chronicling how they came up with their tunes. Quite frankly, I find it flippin' hilarious. So far, I can't decide if my favorite episode is the Toto one ("Go, go, Toto go!") or the Michael Jackson one. I wish there were more episodes right now, because they're fuckin' killing me.

This is the first one, on the origins of Cave's karaoke song, "What a Fool Believes"...


You're a sentimental fool, Kenny...

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, November 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey pal.I just wanted to let you know that I watched all of the other episodes of Yacht Rock and they are Mantastic. Hall and Oates are friggin hilarious. And the Steve Perry appearances are gold. Somehow they got the lead singer of Maroon 5 and Drew Carey to join in the fun, which is rather impressive, i think?. Now everytime I hear those songs I'm going to picture those videos in my head, and I'm completely ok with that. On a side not...a new season of Aqua Teen Hunger Force in action and I watched an episode the other day entitled "Party all the Time". This episode was down right disturbing and not really funny. It is basicly about how Frylock got cancer and dealt with it. That's pretty much it...not a lot of funny lines, or running jokes...just odd. Give it a go sometime and you'll see what I mean. I know that they have dabled in the realm of "Weird" and "What the fuck"..but this one takes the cake..Mmmm...cake...cya....Cave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home