Tuesday, July 26, 2005

NCAA 06

So it's been two weeks since the release of NCAA 06 and I've completed a few things.

My favorite is the simulated season to predict this year's BCS games and national title winner. Usually, I get what I expect...teams highly rated (USC) doing well and heading to the title game. This year proved a bit different. The simulated BCS resulting bowl games were as follows...

Fiesta (B10 vs. Pac10) - not a huge stretch
Iowa vs. USC

Sugar (B12 vs. Big East) - fair enough
Texas vs. Louisville

Orange (At-large vs. ACC) - One of these things doesn't make sense.
Notre Dame (really) vs. Miami

(At-large vs. SEC)
Rose Bowl (Title game) - Who knew!!
Alabama vs. Georgia

Alabama would go on to beat Georgia to win the national title pairing up two SEC teams. Interestingly enough, Georgia didn't even play in the SEC title game as it was Tennessee vs. Alabama for the right to play #1 Georgia. I'm not sure either.

The most bizarre conference standing were the Big 10. Iowa won the league at 7-1 in conference with a two-way tie for second between....just as you might suspect...Penn St. and Illinois. Why not. Michigan and Ohio St both finished at 8-3 (5-3).

Let it be known that the season was simulated after week 4 of the Delta Queens current season in which I'm 3-1. The one loss...to Michigan. If you decide to play them, expect to lose. Reason? Mike Hart is the greatest video game running back since Bo Jackson, no joke.

He's even got a song now. A-hem... "Escargo, Mike Hart go 360. Swiftly!! Biggie Biggie Biggie, can't you see, sometimes your (constant missing tackling) hypnotize me!!"

That's right, Mike Hart ran for 368 yds and all 5 Michigan TDs on 25 carries in the 35-28 romp over my beloved, and usually run-stopping, Queens. I was actually happy to only lose by seven. I think I beat the spread. REDONKULOUS!!! If I were to guess, computer Mike Hart has a break tackle rating of 5....thousand, and a 40 time of 2.3. Also, he once juked me so hard, I fell off the couch. HE'S WEARING RAY-BANS!!!!!

Other things I've learned while playing NCAA 06
1) Don't sleep on Florida Int. this year....they went 11-1 and their QB finished third in the Heisman
2) The "home team" is a confident bunch of kids.
3) Corso thinks people from Florida are faster.
4) According to my buddy Henderson, Reckless Abandon is the older brother of Ed O'Bannon.
5) Video Game Brad Nessler sounds like himself, but looks surprisingly similar to Dan Rather.

6 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger The Diddy said...

One more thing I learned...When you're facing 8 other men in the box, make sure to bring your jumbo package. That is all.

 
At 1:13 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:19 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

Interesting you struggled so much with Michigan... what level were you playing at?

I picked up NCAA 06 this weekend (while I was in town for 10 hours) and played my first game of it as, of course, OSU vs. Michigan at All-American level. I crushed Michigan 49-0 and I don't think Mike Hart ran for more than 30 yards on me - but whatever the specific yardage, he was a non-factor.

But then again, All-American level is pretty damn easy and, in case you were unaware, OSU's defense is pretty damn good - even their linebackers. By the way, Hawk edged out Schlegel for the Best College Football Video Game Linebacker I've Ever Seen award (BCFVGLIES) award. Schlegel stopped Hart in the backfield 5 times and registered 5 other tackles and knocked down a pass. Hawk registered 3 sacks and literally stripped the ball away from Chad Henne (pasta) and scored, simply because he wanted to. And all of this was done entirely by the computer since I tend to control defensive linemen. And I wasn't blitzing linebackers very often... I didn't need to.

Also, Terror Brandon Dome Teddy Inge Ginn is pretty fast for a white professional catcher/first baseman/black college ath-eh-lete/terror dome.

 
At 3:04 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger The Diddy said...

Mr. Torgs...I am playing at varsity level. But, keep in mind that my created Delta Queen Squad is no better than a C- across the board. Also, playing in Ann Arbor didn't help my already untalented and unfocused team. The main problem was that Michigan O-line would get no fewer than 3 pancakes each play, and Hart was bigger and faster than all of my defenders. In summary, I'm just not that good a player. BUT KOREY UPTON SHALL DOMINATE ALL THAT OPPOSE HIM!!!

 
At 3:46 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

"Also, Terror Brandon Dome Teddy Inge Ginn is pretty fast for a white professional catcher/first baseman/black college ath-eh-lete/terror dome."


Wow. That was so funny I didn’t even spit water all over my computer screen, I masturbated until my boss and a few other people found me, and then I was gonna get in trouble, but I showed them that line, and then we just had a circle jerk.

 
At 9:04 PM, July 26, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

Oh, and as the resident Tigers fan on here, I should probably be the one to point out that technically, technically, that should say "pretty fast for a white professional catcher/third baseman/black college ath-eh-lete/terror dome." There.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home