Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Oh, you know ... things

I have to admit that I am heartened by the knowledge that the Delta Queens are still alive and well, although I hope they lose every single game. I’m not sure I can decide which Delta Queen/Man-Boy Love epic I enjoyed the most ... probably the SEC title game where Phil was murdering Todd, and then Todd scored right before halftime, and you just knew he was going to win after that. And then, of course, Todd ran the same play on every single down in the second half and ended up winning the game by a score over a clearly-devastated Phil. Ah, good times. Wish I could give reports on an NCAA 2006 season myself, but I haven’t purchased the game yet. On the ‘05 version, however, I’d like to announce that coach King Slobodan has left the Boban University YugoWang program, fleeing the Montenegro, New Jersey campus for greener pastures in Columbus, Ohio. Of course, this is happening in 2010, so ... pretend you haven’t heard it, I guess. We don’t want a scandal. Or another one, I mean.

I’d also like to draw everyone’s attention to the fact that the Indiana Pacers have signed Lithuanian three-point AssAssIn Sarunas Jasikevicius to replace the corpse of Reggie Miller on next year’s roster. I have to say, I have mixed emotions about this. I loved Jasikevicius when he was at Maryland, and he’s a phenomenal player on the International level. My problem is that he went to the Pacers, and with a healthy Jermaine O’Neal and a non-suspended Ron Artest, they’re gonna be really God damn good next year. Scary good.

Also, the sixth Harry Potter book was fucking awesome, described by one reviewer as "positively Miltonian in its darkness." If I had made the claim before that another book was "the Empire Strikes Back of this series," I have to amend that statement. THIS one was even darker and even more of a downer than previous books. Needless to say, I am eagerly awaiting book 7.


Yes, I am a nerd. And an unapologetic one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home