Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Patriots still own the universe

Gosh, who didn't see this one coming? Specifically, this ending:


"And yes, I know Indianapolis hasn't won a title since the Pacers prevailed in the 1973 ABA Finals, so fans there are still feeling this whole winning thing out, and it's easy to mistakenly believe you won the Super Bowl Monday night. But you didn't. Just remember, a lot can happen in three months. Injuries can happen. Bad breaks can happen. Teams can catch you at the wrong time, and your season can disappear just like that. So talk all the trash you want. Enjoy yourself. Hell, hum a few bars from "Footloose" if you're feeling it. Just be careful. After all, there's a reason Gus didn't e-mail me about that All-Madden championship until after he won.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a little nap and rest my head on my three Patriots Super Bowl DVDs."


Wow, what an asshole.

4 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

With all seriousness, I don't know why you even read Bill Simmons anymore. In my humble opinion, while his earlier material used to be insightful, funny, and offered a fresh perspective on sports and pop culture, his material over the last couple years has been dull, biased, and completely lacking any interesting perspective (I guess unless you are really interested in the Red Sox or Patriots or hearing what happened when House said that one thing that made fun of "American Idol"). Plus, the only times I've heard you mention Simmons in the last couple years it's because you're so irritated with one of his articles.

So... why do you continue to read his stuff??

 
At 12:30 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

I guess it's wishful thinking. I agree with every single thing you said. I'm just hoping that there might be something interesting in there once in a while. It happens, rarely, but the incessant bias and Patriot bootlicking often overshadows it, at least for me.

Also, I think he's an asshole and enjoy enjoy pointing it out every once in a while.

 
At 2:40 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

Fair enough. I was so disappointed by where Bill Simmons ended up that I got easily frustrated by his articles to the point where I just gave up reading them altogether. Especially because I just don't have the time to devote to recreational reading that I used to have. But, hey, that's just the way I choose to deal with him.

And it's fun when you point out when he's being an asshole or idiot or hypocrite he's being. So keep on truckin', fella.

 
At 3:22 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

It is disappointing, indeed.

On top of the other stuff, I also find it kind of instructive, in regards to showing us what kind of fan NOT to be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home