Sunday, December 04, 2005

On the Most Wonderful Time of the Year:

Hey, the bowl games have been announced. In fine MWB tradition (i.e., since last year), we will be SOC-ing the pre-Christmas games. There are four regular contributors, and six pre-Christmas bowl games. I figure we will all do one game, but I haven't been able to get ahold of Dids and Evan in order to pick which games they want to do. But Nips and I have picked out our respective games:


I will be SOC-ing the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 22, featuring the flex boning manpower of Navy and the ... Flat Rock-like uniforms of Colorado State. Should be a good one, uh...

Nips has chosen to do the Las Vegas Bowl, also on Dec. 22, a game which matches up the stormin' Mormons of BYU and the perpetually-overrated Cal Bears.


That leaves 4 games for Torgs and Toddgitola to choose from:

New Orleans Bowl: Arkansas State v. Southern Miss, Dec. 20

GMAC Bowl: UTEP v. Toleder, Dec. 21

Fort Worth Bowl: Kansas v. Houston, Dec. 23

Hawaii Bowl: Nevada v. Central Florida, Dec. 24


Choose wisely, boys. Also, for whichever ones you don't pick, I'm not gonna say we're gonna have a special contributor SOC-ing a game of his/her own ... but I'm not saying we're NOT gonna have one, either. Stay tuned.

6 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger The Diddy said...

While I'd prefer to do Kansas vs Houston, I won't be able to due to family stuff at xmas time. So, since the other games are crap, I'm taking the worst of the bunch. That's right, I'm gonna SOC it too you with Ark St. vs Southern Miss from the Nawlins Bowl. Not only with this game be a horrible display of football, I'll have do endure more stories of hurricane Katrina. If I were you, I'd expect lots of soc yelling and racial slurs, b\c hey, it's what I do.

 
At 9:02 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger The Diddy said...

While I'd prefer to do Kansas vs Houston, I won't be able to due to family stuff at xmas time. So, since the other games are crap, I'm taking the worst of the bunch. That's right, I'm gonna SOC it too you with Ark St. vs Southern Miss from the Nawlins Bowl. Not only with this game be a horrible display of football, I'll have do endure more stories of hurricane Katrina. If I were you, I'd expect lots of soc yelling and racial slurs, b\c hey, it's what I do.

 
At 12:14 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

My stats class my stats class.

I won't be able to contribute, my friends, because I'll be unavailable for the remaining three games. I fly back from Boston the night of the 21st and I'll be workin' it all family-like on the 23rd and 24th.

But I look forward to reading your deep anal... I MEAN in-depth analyses.

 
At 1:00 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

I have to say I am chagrined. I'd be willing to trade if the 22nd works for you, buddy. Pre-Christmas I have got dick going on (and on and on and on), so any of the games are all-diddly-right with me.

 
At 1:27 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

Thanks, bud, but it's still a no-go. I have to work on 12/22 and I may be driving back up to the Land of Cleve that night, so I can't commit to it. Pretty much anything between 12/21 and 12/27 is bad for me.

You guys will be much better at doing this anyways - I can't wait to read your posts.

 
At 2:12 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

That's a bummer.


Of course, I'd be lying if I said I'd be happy about handing away the opportunity to recap the exploits of Navy's option-oriented offense.

On the other hand, I'd also be lying if I said I'm looking forward to doing an SOC on a bowl game that starts at 10:30 p.m., EST...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home