Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Football-n-More

Yes, I won the draft. I know, bow down before me. Even if the manscapers are winning the league with win/lose record, I do lead the league in total points. That's right, ME!!! BWHAHA!! Honestly, who else thought I'd have the most points and I haven't even PLAYED Chris Chambers? Not once! To be fair, you also never thought all my points would come from Giants, but hey, that's my forsight, insight, perfect dark farsight, and jewish foreskin working its magic.

College Football

UM/MSU - Okay, so I wanted Michigan to lose. However, it's probably best that they won. For 8 out of the last 10 years I think, Michigan has cost MSU losses in their next couple of games. I'm happy to know that OSU gets them next week. Also during that game, ABC did a bit on mobile QBs beating up on UM's defense. In order they mentioned, Troy Smith....Vince Young....John Stocco. Wait a second...WHAT?!?! I can think of a lot of things to describe John Stocco, and anything remotely positive about him as a player is totally false. Moreover, "mobile" is the LEAST thing I would call him. And yes, I've seen him throw. He throws much like Vick, just as inaccurate, only much weaker.

Continuing with terrible Wisky QBs, Brooks Bollinger continues to be on the Jets roster. However, when the top two QBs get hurt, they gets go sign 40ish Vinny Testaverde while he's taking his kids to soccer practice. So I think the question needs to be asked. WHY HAVE A QB ON YOUR ROSTER IF YOU WON'T PLAY HIM?!?! I mean, he has to know the offense. And if he's so terrible you won't play him, just get him off the team. Maybe, just maybe, the Jets have a no-pitch option package they're waiting to bust out.

UF/'Bama
So a great thing happened in the SEC. Bama killed Florida helping out OSU in a big way. But just when I thought, "man, this bama team is unstoppable, they might not lose", their best player breaks his leg!! HOORAY! Now, once Croyle gets hurt, they'll be a non-factor.

Rest of the Big 10
Indiana/Wisky - Yeah, Indiana can't stop the run.
Penn St./Minny - I'm so glad the kitties killed them, it'll wake us up, but we're still gonna lose
Purdue - Introducing your new head coach, Mike Price!!
Iowa/ILL - Iowa's just not that good

Oh yeah, baseball playoffs...prediction time
First, Indians, losing 6 of the last 7...I knew you had it in ya

Anyway...I figure eventually, the fact that the Yankees pitching stinks, and the Red Soxes's is even worse has catch up with them. Also, does anyone even care about the national league? Just curious. I think the Cardinals clinched in mid-August, so what do we even know about them? I'll pick them anyway.

White Sox over Red Sox in 4
Angels over Yanks in 5

Birds over Padres in 3
Astros over Braves in 5

White Sox over Angels in 7
Cards over Astros in 6

Series....Cards over Chi-Sox in 4.

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

To respond to the last couple posts...

I was in Boston visiting my brother this weekend and he was understandably interested in watching his Red Sox play, and as a result I didn't get to watch as much college football this weekend as I wanted to. But hey, that's why I planned the trip during the bye week.

So here are my thoughts on the couple games that I got to watch:

1.) UM-MSU - I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said.
2.) Purdue-ND - Purdue got flattened. Sidenote: my brother (who has never paid much attention to college football) asked me this weekend why I detest Notre Dame so much. That was the first time anyone had asked me that question, and I guess I had never really thought about it. I think that in the Midwest, you grow up either loving or hating Notre Dame (unless you're my brother) and that's just the way it is - no one really needs to ask why you feel one way or the other. I do have my reasons, but
3.) UF-Bama Wow, this was men against boys... and it was almost as much fun as it sounds. Blowouts can be boring, but this one was actually kinda fun to watch. It's always good to see Florida get spanked. Sidenote: that injury to Prothro was grotesque. Watching the tackle/catch/fall live, the injury didn't look all that bad. But you could tell right after the play ended when his foot was flopping around independently of his leg that he was in some shit. Kudos to him for keeping his composure as they carted him off - I would have been sobbing like a girl (but really, what does that prove?). It's a shame, too, that he got injured because he was a lot of fun to watch. But at least 'Bama took down Florida before he ended his season.

Penn State - Ohio State next week: I don't see how we can win that game.

The Indians... ugh... I'm so angry! We had the Wild Card lead, we lost 6 of 7, and I think that in five of those games that we lost that we had bases loaded late in the game and blew it. Throw in the fact that we lost those games to the White Sox's scrubs. Then throw in the fact that we almost got swept by the Devil Rays AGAIN. AND throw in the fact that I was in Boston this weekend such that I couldn't escape the Boston baseball scene and hear all about how great it is that the Indians blew the big one and they were able to clinch the Wild Card. Now I'll get to hear all week about their series with the White Sox. I think I'm ready for the regular puke... what?

Also, Ben Broussard should be excommunicated from the Indians organization.

I try to remind myself that I expected the Indians to end up 2nd or 3rd in the division and they did that. I didn't actually expect them to win 93 games like they did, so that was a pleasant surprise. But they fact that they had it in their hands and just sucked so bad is what kills me. That and having to hear about the goddamn Red Sox.

 
At 12:37 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I'm fairly indifferent about Notre Dame. I don't like them or dislike them, although sure, there have been times where I've rooted against them fairly vehemently. And I can certainly see on the horizon a time when the media saturation will just be too great, and I'll loathe the Irish the way I loathe Lloyd Carr, Michael Jordan, and Claude Lemieux. But for now, I'm still "meh" on Notre Dame.

 
At 1:00 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger The Diddy said...

Man...doctors get all the chicks....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051004/od_nm/doctor_sex_dc;_ylt=AqwrecL.XGl0ov6klmAdCEADW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

 
At 4:21 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

Hmm, I was under the impression that you didn't like Notre Dame. But this wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something... like that time I thought Phil was straight. WAY off!

I admit that my perception of Notre Dame's popularity may be skewed somewhat by the sizable Irish-Catholic population of the west side of Cleveland. I grew up with lots of Irish-Catholic guys, most of whom aspired to go to St. Ignatius or St. Eds, perennial national powers in high school football. And everyone at these two schools wants to play football for Notre Dame. (I know I'm speaking in generalities here, but it seems like it was this way.) So you start off with the already heavy Irish-Catholic influence on the area and you sprinkle in the influence of big time Irish-Catholic high school football programs and success of Irish-Catholic Notre Dame football and you multiply that by 60 years or so and you get a WHOLE lot of Notre Dame flag-waving. As an Irish-Catholic on the west side of Cleveland, the talk about Notre Dame was frequent enough that, for most people, you either decided that Notre Dame was where you were meant to go or you grew thoroughly annoyed with the school. I think you know where I stand. Maybe it was just a lot worse on the west side of Cleveland than elsewhere in the Midwest. Or maybe I'm crazy. My bet is on the latter.

And I'll follow Todd's strange news link with one of my own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home