Friday, December 16, 2005

Hey, it's a post: ND Edition

So I just got done filling up two huge bluebooks about God-knows-what regarding the prevailing laws governing domestic, as well as international, arbitration. Yeah, I'm not really sure, either. I am currently trying to work on a take-home exam about Civil & Political Rights, but it's just not coming. [/Ah-nuld] Oh well. Yes, I know you don't care.

But the point of this post is that as soon as I got done with the exam, I had an actual face-to-face conversation with one of theblog.net's five loyal readers regarding the bowl game. Yes, that bowl game. This was notable for two reasons:

1.) Said loyal reader told me (and I'm paraphrasing here): "I wish that Jim Tressel could spend, just, like an hour each day completely surrounded by Notre Dame fans, so he can find out what they're like. That way, when we're beating them in the Fiesta Bowl, he won't do the Tressel thing and keep the score respectable -- he'll do the Spurrier thing and RUN THE SCORE UP ON THOSE ARROGANT ASSHOLES." I think we all feel that way.

2.) Said loyal reader provided me with this little flowchart describing how one becomes a Notre Dame fan, and the duties that must be adhered to in order to remain one of the ND faithful. I think it's pretty goddamn hilarious.

UPDATES WILL HOPEFULLY CONTINUE, HOPEFULLY SOME BY PEOPLE OTHER THAN ME, UP THROUGH, OR AT LEAST UNTIL, THE BOWLS.

The most wonderful time, indeed.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

Because I just finished that lousy take-home, I'm preading a little more college football cheer with this delightful comparison of SEC (and a few other national) programs to "Simpsons" characters. All of it is funny, except, you know, disregard the whole "OSU = thugs" thing. Other than that, it's great. Trust me.

 
At 2:10 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

Good stuff with that SEC-Simpsons post.

I'm basically posting a comment to point all three of you to a Reuters article that has one of the best headlines I've read in a while: You've got mail, and maybe gonorrhea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home