Saturday, December 27, 2008

Perhaps this was the problem...

I'm not sure what the average practice length for a college basketball team is. I would think 2 1/2 to 3 hours maybe? I knew a guy that played for Akron in the 90's and he said the 3 hour practices were more than enough. I just think it's too much time with the same people and can result in burning out. Breaks aren't an option so I expect the practice every day, but today's stats totaled 3 team assists. 3. So on the 18 field goals, 15 were created by something other than the regular offense.
So I go to www.clubtrillion.blogspot.com for some insight as to what the problem may have been today. Again, this is OSU's 12th man writing about what it's like being on the team.

He writes...

We practiced on Christmas Eve from 9 p.m. to about 11:30 p.m. We practiced on Christmas from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. There is no joke in this paragraph. I have sat here for an hour trying to think of a way to make the fact that we practiced for about 4 hours on Christmas funny, and I just can't do it. Let's collectively put this behind us and move on to the next paragraph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home