Friday, September 22, 2006

Abra-abracadabra…I wanna reach out and grab ya

Okay, as our 3 loyal readers know, Midwest Bias’s blogtributors, especially Jack Fu and myself, have an uncanny ability to jinx teams. The Michigan-ND game notwithstanding, we’ve notoriously been able to bring down a number of seemingly competent athletes. Want proof? Check out my fantasy baseball draft. Fucking Peavy.

Anyhoo, this unharnessable power reached a new and strange height this week for yours truly. After the acquisition of Anson Carter and winning or first preseason game, I thought about posting a Blue Jackets season preview. I started brainstorming and came up with 4 keys to a successful 2006-2007 season. My #1 key? I called it simply, “Health, health, health”. The very night I considered the extreme importance of a healthy Blue Jackets squad, Sergei Fedorov went down with a separated shoulder. Now he’s out 5-6 weeks. That means he misses the rest of training camp and up to 9 regular season games. On a team ridiculously notorious for starting slowly, I thought it was nice to have all our forwards healthy and able to create some legitimate chemistry in our lines. So much for that idea. I hate these powers of mine.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Break of Dawn

What are your 4 keys to a successful remainder of the Buckeye season?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home