Thursday, January 04, 2007

Direct Me!

I'm in 2nd place but can finish no higher for the picks. I'm the USC of the pool. I stumbled early, finished strong, and I'll probably whine about what could have been.
However, if my weekend adventure was a Public Enemy Song it would be, "By the Time I Get to Arizona." I arrive Saturday and for once I'm actually using Southwest Airlines to fly southwest. I don't have a ticket to the game so that puts me out and about in the public armed with my bullhorn, OSU cape, and the alcohol tolerance of a 16 year old girl. Any suggestions on what I report on or take pictures of? Florida girls? Mexicans? Actual gift shops for the worst franchise in NFL history? Let me know and I'll make it a point to make it so you can live vicariously through my abuse of sick days at work.

5 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, January 05, 2007, Blogger Jack said...

Hmmm. I think I speak for the rest of us when I say that we trust your judgment on what to "report." Just tell a good story.

Also, pictures of hot girls REALLY help storytelling, in my experience.

 
At 2:06 AM, January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rob,
i realize that Glendale, AZ is no New Orleans, LA, buuuuuuuuuuut if you could snap some picks of girls "flossing" and other assorted activities, i believe that would also REALLY help in the story telling. make sure to use the megaphone to it's fullest potential, letting everyone hearing range know who's going to have a long day and that the big ten is 2-0 vs. the SEC so far in bowl games (suck it tennessee!). most of all, root hard and pray to batman (or whichever deity you believe in) that st. sweatervest and troy smith's robot arm bring us home another crystal football.

GO BUCKS!

-reader wise

 
At 1:05 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger The Dur said...

I'm going to introduce myself to people as a writer for "Midwest Bias" and assume they know what that is. It should get me a media credential I'd imagine.

 
At 3:07 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

A quick reminder to those of you who care and...well...the 5 people who read this blog: Central Michigan University is the only division 1 Michigan university to win a bowl game in the past 5 years or so. Plus, CMU has a new football head coach. It's some dude named Butch Jones from West Virginia. He was formally the wide receivers coach...oh goody. There isn't much known about BJ--hehe--other than he used to be the offensive coordinator at CMU and is a native Michigander. One thing is certain about Butch Jones: he provides the basis for new, fun-filled nicknames.

 
At 8:09 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger The Dur said...

Progress check on the Dur: I'm taking a shuttle from the Ramada to the game for $8. If anyone asks I'm from room 108. Tonight we're headed to Tempe. This area is a lot more spanisher than Ohio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home