Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Picker's remorse

Every year it's the same thing. Why didn't I know they were going to get upset? Or, why in the hell would a team who won some shitty conference upset Michigan State? Or, of course all four #1 seeds didn't make it, they never do! I've just filled out 6 different brackets on 6 different sites. Most of them with OSU winning. Should be lose early, I'm out of everything of course. I've played so many fantasy sports on The Sporting News website since 2001 that it's ridiculous. I continue to expect myself to be psychic, never once have I been in the top few thousand of anything. I'll get in the top 3% every 4 years but the numbers eventually go against me. I play (I'm not kidding) fantasy NBA, NHL, MLB, college football (they do it by teams instead of players), golf, soccer (I stopped soccer), and NASCAR. Yes, I've played fantasy NASCAR for 4 years now. And guess what, after a few races, out of 35,000 people I'm ranked 290th. My best ever. I also have done well in Hockey and won 2 leagues with 19 other strangers who I then send a taunting e-mail to about how I didn't watch a hockey game all season and still beat them because their sport is dumb. I'm getting off track though on purpose to make a few points.
First--Don't beat yourself up and rule #2, as you've read this and realize it's true, no one wants to hear about how bad your bracket is. If you're pulling a super-high %, perhaps you could mention, if you successfully predicted "play-in game" into the 3rd round, let me know...but please don't ramble on (like this) about how close you were and what a victim you are. Shut up.
Just have fun drinking and go to a game if you get the chance...




One of us eventually got braces, one of us lost 40 pounds, and the other won a 2 million dollar lawsuit.
This lovely photo was taken on St. Patrick's Day a few years ago the day before Miami beat us in the 2nd round. Coach instructed us to "Drink some green beer," for him.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, March 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I was the one in that picture won the 2 million dollar judgment (wasn't it more like 3 million and some change???). Alas, I am not.

I'm hitching my wagon to the Buckeye Express, and I really don't care if my bracket gets busted or not. I'm picking OSU in my bracket, and living and dying with them. As for the upsets, they're fun to watch, and fun to "predict", but let's face it, none of us are experts or we wouldn't be doing what we're doing.

-Reader Wise

 
At 2:03 PM, March 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the midwesternbias espn bracket thingy this year, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home