Saturday, March 14, 2009

This is why I'm negative!

See, they play well. My negative reinforcement does wonders. There's a chance we can escape an 8/9 seed and drop to a 7. If we beat Illinois (by the way, how many Big Ten tourny's have we won over the years? Lots, right?) we should be up to a 5 safely. Our offense seemed a little better today. Sure Michigan State couldn't hit the blah blah of a blah blah but Thad seems to have "dialed up" the right defense at the right time.

I think I'm more worried about the 1st round than the second. We tend to play to the level of our competition. So the key will be getting by the first round.

And finally, Dick Vitale is called out for saying 84 different teams should make the tournament. If nothing else, I think it could use 4 play-in games to get the 16 seeds.

Stand by for NCAA bracket game on Monday or Tuesday.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, March 15, 2009, Blogger Zamboni said...

I thought for sure the Buckeyes would lose to Wisconsin. Failing that, Michigan State should have beaten them soundly. I can only take this to mean that OSU will win the national championship.

I think it was important to get off that 8/9 seed. Now when the Buckeyes lose it will be by slightly less than 26 to North Carolina. I see a 6 seed tops, even if they win today. But I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

Hooray NCAA tourney!

 
At 2:29 PM, March 15, 2009, Blogger Zamboni said...

Okay, according to the Big Ten's website, here is OSU's record in the Big Ten Tournament Championship games:

2002: beat Iowa
2003: lost to Illinois
2006: lost to Iowa
2007: beat Wisconsin

The 2002 win has been erased due to NCAA sanctions but I still count it. Suck it NCAA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home