Recker, damn near killed her!
All this talk of past Hawkeyes and you forgot Luke "drunken car" Recker. HE KILLED SOMEONE. What a sweet move on his part. Maybe he was drunk. Maybe he just wanted out of Arizona. Maybe she was pregnant and he was just smarter than Rae Carruth. Tragically his girlfriend only ended up in a wheelchair. I wonder if they're still dating? I mean, if she's paralyzed from the waist down, she wouldn't even notice the raping...err..love making. You'd just have to show more attention to her cripple nipple so she could get something out of it. Also, no love for Reggie Evans?? He's getting 10 boards a night for the Sonics. He isn't getting the same amount of fouls called on him as he did in big 10 play. However, he manages to be effective anyway. Furthermore, he's on of the 5 ugliest people I've ever seen. Right there with Scottie Pippen and Erin. However, Dean Oliver!!! I'll take all-of-er!!! Hey-O!! I should say olive-him, you know, since he's a he. He is adorable and so perfectly mini-a-ture!! He's already travel-size. Cute!! Teehee!! Ya gay tho...lol.
More on college basketball. Tomorrow is March 1st which means it's less than two weeks away from selection sunday people. Since I'm the resident bracketologist (Joe LeRetardo be damned), I'm going to give my loyal readers some insight into zee bubble teams. I feel required to do so since while watching College Gamenight Digger claimed that Indiana is a lock for the tourney. Uhhh, sure. Here's how I see it right now. There's 34 at-large bids available. Currently I give 24 teams "lock" status. Which means, unless massive collapse, they're in. That means there's 10 (decimal) spots left. That decimal joke worked on two levels, I'm proud. I figure there's about 20 teams with a realistic chance of getting in. Now, of the 24 "locks", 5 of them (Pacific, GW, So. Ill, Nevada, Utah) are conference leaders of a mid-major. Therefore, if they win their conf. tourneys, it's going to add to the 10 remaining spots. So, it's possible that more of these teams will make it than 10. However, some weird team could win a major conference tourney too and remove a spot. So think about that. Here's how I'd rate them at the moment. Remember, a lot is going to change in the next two weeks.
1) UCLA - very close to lock status with win over ND
2) DePaul - Solid overall and conf record, RPI of 41
3) Maryland - Two wins over duke and an RPI of 38...I'm not sold on this team yet, needs more work to make it, but right now, they're in
4) G-Tech - Probably in since committee will account for injuries. RPI of 44.
5) West Virginia - I don't see how you can keep this team out. Two wins over Pitt, a 15 point road win at LSU, solid overall record. RPI of 53.
6) Texas - The injuries have hurt them and will be frowned upon by committee. However, with an RPI of 35 and good resume, I think they deserve it.
Last four in.
7) Minnesota - 10 big ten wins and 20 overall with win over penn st this week. No real big wins to mention and rpi of 47. Probably needs two in big 10 tourney
8) Stanford - I'm not so sure why everyone is calling this team a lock. They're resume is very similar to Minny but with a slightly higher rpi at 36. However, if they beat washington this week, they're in for sure.
9) Wichita St. - C'mon!!! It's the shockers!!! RPI of 34. Whatever.
10) Miami (OH) - This team has a higher RPI (25) and beat Wichita St, shouldn't they be above them? Yes, so flip 9 and 10. I would, but I'm lazy.
Last four out.
11) Vermont - They basically have to win their conf. tourney after losing to Maine. I don't care if their RPI is 23. It's bullshit.
12) G'town - On a slide and don't look like a tourney team. RPI of 66 doesn't help.
13) Indiana - No way this team is a lock Digger. Overall record sucks along with RPI (69). Probably needs to make it to Big 10 finals.
14) Buffalo - Really? espn.com has them in right now. Really? I don't see it happening.
15a & b) V-Tech and Miami (FL) - They've each had a nice season in a tough conf., but unless they do damage in the ACC tourney, there's no chance. RPI of 116 for v-tech is very bad. 63 for miami doesn't help them either.
17) ND - They suck.
18) Akron - Zippee!!!
If you'd like to see my 24 "lock" teams, I could probably do that. If you'd like to see an entire bracket with seeding, I could be convinced to do one. If you like pina colonics and getting caught in the rain, we could be friends.
Expect more on the tourney soon with such features as, how to beat Illinois, pre-selection "how to fill the bracket", and post-selection sunday bracket breakdown.