Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Car accident!

So I got drilled this morning on my way to class.

I was pulling out of the alley behind the flat, onto First Street, a one-way road. The road being that way, I was patiently looking to my right, waiting for an opportunity to pull out into traffic.

And then ... CRASH!

My car got smoked from the left side. Hard.

By a guy on a bike.

Upon hearing (and, sort of, feeling) the collision, I turned to my left just in time to see the 50-year old man's face slapping against my driver's window, some 6-8 inches from my own head. He crumpled to the ground like ... well, like a guy who road a bike full-speed into a stationary object weighing several tons.

I put the car in park and helped the guy pick up his sunglasses, lighter, and keyless keychain (Actaul conversation: Me - "Um, were there any keys on this keychain?" Him - "Uhhh ... no."). Then he made a big show of checking his brakes and tire chain, as if they were the reason he sped head-on into a non-moving car (note: it being approximately 7:10 in the morning, and with me being half-asleep and somewhat terrified that I had somehow hit this guy, I wasn't sure whether to laugh or scream or rip the guy's fucking head off).

I mean, there's a building there on the left of where I was at the end of the alley, so at first I was moderately worried that I had sped out in front of the guy or something. But after he rode away, upon further inspection which revealed that the ENORMOUS DENT he left in my car was entirely contained on my front driver-side door, and considering that I remember at least a second or two of looking to my right and waiting for an opportunity to pull into traffic, I have completely eliminated the "I just pulled in front of him" explanation. This dumb bastard was looking at God knows what, and he friggin' T-boned my shitty Cavalier. With his bike.

So I'm left with a dent the size of Asia on my door. Luckily, it's just the shitty Cav, whose entire purpose is to get me to Toledo and back for the next year or so, until I can get a job and get a decent car. So I don't really give a shit. It's not like that thing looked like a pimpmobile anyway. But Jesus, man, what the hell could that guy have been looking at? And why couldn't he have been Asian?!? That would have been the funniest thing that ever happened to me! Instead I'm just annoyed. Oh bother.

3 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, April 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're annoyed?! That was my friggin' car homes. But then again it was pretty damn funny to picture that dumb bastard of a man riding his bike into the side of a car.

 
At 7:51 PM, April 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I ask a practical question? Are we doing Stone Henge?

But seriously... did you at least get his insurance information? I'm not sure it's worth it to file a report, but it never hurts to get the info.

 
At 2:48 PM, April 13, 2005, Blogger Jack said...

No, I didn't. Partly because I didn't really care, partly because I had to get to class 40 miles away, but mostly because I'm an idiot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home