Wednesday, February 01, 2006

LYNX !!!!!!!!!

No this isn’t a post about the WNBA. I just felt the need to point out some interesting/amusing/disturbing things I’ve found on the ‘ol internet.


Let’s start out with something Pittsnoglian in nature.
I just watched WV pull out a squeaker over the Irish.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260320277
Word is they might be inducing labor tomorrow on Pittsnogle’s very pregnant wife (who was at the game). If that kid pops out of Mom’s vag and sees its shadow, does that mean 6 more weeks of the Mountaineers smoking the Big East? I hope so.

Courtesy of the Detroit Free Press, I can’t believe Jackson hasn’t linked this yet:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060128/SPORTS1101/601280328

“It was a jabbing right hook.“ - CFN’s first Mock Draft is up. Browns getting Ngata is pretty logical and a pick I think most of us Cleveland fans would be fine with. A little more interestingly, lots of prognosticos have the Lions going with the Cut-man at #9. Jack, if that happens, won’t that mean Millen’s 5 first round picks were on 2 QBs and 3 WRs?
http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Draft/MockDraft.htm

Speaking of the Lions and “Mock”ing (2 things that go hand in hand), it looks like Martz is going to Detroit (and not for the Super Bowl). Why does this just seem to make sense?:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2315463

“Not having a subway ticket?!”:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/fallen-teen-idols-heroin-bust/2006/01/19/1137553685950.html


“Come on Tom, you’re not fooling anyone“ (seriously, can this guy become more of a douche?):
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3477151

Ummm… just read this:
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060201/NEWS01/602010313/1002

Some guy on the radio this morning said it would have been funnier if it was a rifle.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Jack said...

In cascading order:

1.) Yay for 'Snogles. Yay.

2.) I had read the article, but hadn't linked to it yet because I figured most of you probably wouldn't care. I know, that's never stopped me before. I should say, however, that Rosenberg is easily Detroit's best sports columnist, and a helluva nice guy, to boot. He pops up with columns sometimes on the Fox Sports site. Yeah, here we go.

3.) Hee. I (heart) Jeffy.

"Well Casey-"
"I'm Dan."
"... it was a right hook, with a bit of a jab."
"A jabbing right hook?"
"And he did it with his left hand?"

How many blogs out there hit you up with SportsNight references? Huh? HUH?

Oh, as for the actual content: regarding the Lions, whatever. I have to admit that Marinelli has said all the right things so far, so I suppose I could plausibly be termed "cautiously optimistic" about his tenure. Which of course means that he's gonna win an even SMALLER percentage of games than Morninwheg did.

And you're forgetting Millen's other first round pick: Kevin Jones. I know, you probably forgot he was on the time since he only got like 11 carries a game and apparently can't block or catch passes, so he was never in on third down. A lot of people forget he's on the team for those very reasons.

4.) I haven't got a clue why Martz would come here. But if he can make Kurt Warner, Marc Bulger, and Jamie Whoshisface from Dartmouth or wherever look good, then maybe there's hope for Joey yet. Yeah right. I still say "whatever."

5.) I don't think Leif ever recovered from the beating Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, and Patrick Swayze put on him and the Socs. Hey, there was another fairly prominent greaser in that rumble...

6.) Tom Cruise is an asshole. And crazy.


And gay.


7.) Vaginal fluid and guns. What a way to end the day. And if she is from Cleveland, what the Christ was she doing down in Chillicothe?

 
At 12:39 PM, February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All vajenga juices aside, what is "driving under suspension?"

Break of Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home