Thursday, February 16, 2006

This bra bomb had better work, Nerdlinger

This should come as no surprise, but the proprietors and loyal readership (both of you) of the MWB are total nerds. Come on. Don't act like you didn't know.

But our nerdosity is often - at least in blog terms - put to something less than good use. On here, we bullshit about sports and make dick and fart jokes, but we rarely utilize our individual or collective nerditude. Brian at MGoBlog has no such problems (if you want to call them that), as he has absolutely gone crazygonuts the last few days on "3rd down conversion" data. Crazygonuts. I don't want to spoil it for you, so just check out his 3-part opus of graphictation on the subject.

Part one here. Part two. You catch on fast.

In other news, I watched "Cold Pizza" this morning -- this time I have an excuse: I wake up each morning to "Mike & Mike" on teevee, so the DroppaDeuce was already on. I then went running, and when I came back, CP was on. I don't regularly watch. Seriously, guys. Okay -- and they were doing some bullshit segment called "Buy or Sell," where the Loathesome Skip Bayless and Some Guy (Woodrow Q. Paige was thankfully absent) were listing their 5 "buys" and "sells" for the NCAA tournament.

So Other Guy goes first, and he's like "so this is like stocks, right, so I want to buy low and sell high?" And Jay and the Asshole are like "yeah yeah, sure." So he lists for "buys" what essentially turns out to be a list of teams that are underrated and could make a run to the final four OR could upset someone and make a run to, say, the sweet sixteen. I remember that UAB, Wisconsin, and NC State were among his "buys." His "sells" are irrelevant to this already irrelevant story.

So Skip goes up there all blustery and "you're an idiot," and he rips down Other Guy's 5 "buys" and replaces them with ... Duke, UConn, Memphis, Villanova, and Texas. Think of where you've seen those teams. Yeah. They're 5 of the top 6 teams in the polls. So Other Guy makes some joke that completely goes over Skip's head about "So you want, like, a .05% return on your investment, huh?" and I laugh, because Bayless is a stupid jackass. But then Skip puts up his "sells," and he has George Washington on there, and Other Guy goes "I want you to name me two players on GW's team." And there's this pregnant pause, where you could tell Skip was like "you asshole," and he clearly couldn't name ONE player on their team, so he goes "I don't want to." I shit you not. The best part was, he tried to do it in his usual blustery, dismissive "I'm just gonna throw your question off to the side because it's stupid" way, but that pause made it completely clear that he didn't have a friggin' clue what he was talking about.

And with that, I think my day started out pretty well.

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Torgonator said...

I wish I could have seen that! What an idiot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home