Friday, December 22, 2006

thebowl.challenge: Vegas baby Vegas edition

Big movement in the standings after last night's entry in an ongoing saga called "everyone in the Pac 10 but USC really, really sucks at bowl games." This strikes me as odd since I really didn't have a friggin' clue (regular OR raging) who would win last night's game, but some people had a ton of points on it. So kudos to you all for being much, much smarter than me. And a hearty congratulations to blogtributor Evan - the only person in the group to get the first two games wrong - for not being much, much smarter than me. At least, not yet.

ETA: has this Reggie Ball business completely mindfucked anyone else as far as picks and confidence points go? Is him being out a fantastic thing for Calvin Johnson and the rest of the Jackets (under the "anyone but Reggie" theory) or does this make their odds of winning even worse (under the "if this backup couldn't even beat out Reggie Ball, he must be gawd-awful" theory)? I was just looking at CFN, and they point out that Ball's completion percentage went down every single year, this season settling at around 44% (!!!). In GT's last two games of the season, against Georgia and Wake, Ball went (*deep breath*) 15-of-51 passing -- that's 29% -- for 171 yards and four interceptions. Ye Gods. If they have even a quasi-competent backup, you'd think Ball would've been yanked a while ago. Of course, if the backup turns out to be decent, then we have to consider the possibility that Chan Gailey Equilibrium is actually THE GOAL in the minds of the GT coaching staff. Well now I'm just wildly intrigued. Thoughts?

SOC from Todd should be forthcoming (all the time coming).


















RankTeamOwnerRecordPPRTOTAL
1Moyer EntryKristin2-047454
2The House That Funk BuiltS. Lawrence2-047553
3Neary EntryMike2-048048
4Easy Bake Dutch OvenNipsey2-048444
4Break of DawnJ. Morgan2-048444
6THE WESTENDER RETURNSThe Caveman2-048543
7Schilly-Mac with CheeseSchill2-048741
8Doodle Von TaintstainThe Diddy2-049533
9Neary EntryMike's wife, Joanna1-147032
10Michigan GOT SCREWEDC. Emanuele2-050127
11I Have a Raging ClueJack Fu2-050226
12Wells=FumblitisT. Lyon1-149125
13Munger EntryKatey2-050622
14Jolly ShepherdJoe Schultz2-050721
15Tobias Funke, AnalrapistReader Wise2-051117

3 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, December 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so there were some issues with the SOC. Most of all being, it didn't happen due to an unexpected visitor. I don't wanna hear complaints, but I will anyway. The good news is that I DVRed it, so I could do it later, or I could just do another one, or I could do both. I haven't decided.

Also, the owner of my team is not me, but is Ell Roberson. You best get that fixed.

 
At 12:15 PM, December 22, 2006, Blogger Jack said...

You fucker.

 
At 2:22 PM, December 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An unexpected visitor? Just pop a playtex. And let the stream of CONSCIOUSNESS flow instead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home