Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blogging Big Ten Championship for as long as I can stand it

Is it me or are a lot of these Championship games ugly? (as we have 2 turnovers in the first 40 seconds) I'll see how much of this game I can stand before Diebler pisses me off enough to slam my computer shut. (My negative ways are still working!) Diebler for 3!

We're back in our zone defense which may conserve energy a bit. Hill can't match up with anyone but can at least get Turner the ball. Turner is the next Michael Redd (next year).

TV timeout 5-4 Buckeyes.

CBS is using the same "ticking" noise to countdown to the selection as they use for 60 Minutes.

Mullins ruins Christmas by goaltending a shot that was going in anyway. Diebler is now 1-3 and 5 minutes into the game we have 2 baskets and 4 turnovers. God bless the Big Ten.

It would be nice to see someone other than Turner step it up. I'm liking this zone defense against Purdue. They're not going to shoot our lights out and it makes the clock wind down. (Our 5th turnover)

9-8 Purdue, they're still missing shots from inside 15 feet. Hummel can't hit anything. Meanwhile the announcers are ignoring the game and voicing their opinions on who belongs in the tournament. Lauderdale shoots like Barkely swing a golf club...and now Hummel finally makes one. We're down 12-9. Under 12 minute TV timeout.

Hummel's now in crazy corn-fed white boy mode. Turner still isn't awake yet. The curl off the wing is our best offense right now. Turner drives again and is stuffed ...by the rim.

As long as our opponents continue to shoot subpar, we'll keep winning. Will-Boo (I just nicknamed him that) is having a 2002 Boban type performance! (Only his play is legal)

17-16 Purdue going into the under 8 timeout.

I don't think anyone can stop Mullins on Purdue. Pick and roll will work every time. If Turner isn't going to shoot well he can pad his assists...or score. 20-18 us.

Diebler bricks a 3 to kill all momentum as Turner is described as "Long, lean and slippery."

Wow, I've never seen a team miss so many close shots. Maybe once in junior high, but that was against my tough dee.

Running total on Turner's nicknames: "The Eel" and "E.T." When will Will-Boo catch on for Buford?

24-22 Purdue and here's what I've noticed so far. Neither team is shooting all that great. However, both are making open shots. A possession of over 20 seconds leads to a good shot. SO...be patient and you'll score (the same thing I tell to my freshmen college buddies-hi-ooo!).

Diebler proves my point again with another 3. 27-24 Buckeyes at the under 4 minute timeout. (Turner is coming around)

Wow, Diebler should never dribble. Just shoot--another 3. Momentum heading into the half is important, in other breakthrough news, I'm not doing my homework.

PJ Hill demostrates why we aren't going to go very far. His Carlos Davis ways just aren't good. We get a timeout with 30 seconds left. Should Thad put Turner back in? Surely he can't pick up number 3, right? RIGHT? Otherwise we'll be dribbling around throwing passes that almost all get picked off...until one gets picked off and lose that important halftime momentum.

Or...Simmons...yes Simmons gets the ball and gets called for the rare 5 seconds WHILE dribbling. Goodbye momentum into the half. It'll be a moral victory if Mullins doesn't pick up another foul.
Good, they miss 3 and we head into the half at 30-25.

Your thoughts on Michigan being a sure thing? Penn State? This many teams from the Big Ten making the tournament? Did anyone else hear him say that yesterday was the first time a Big Ten team had scored 80 in the Big Ten Tourny since 2004?

2nd half

Here's an idea...when they get a rebound, run back on defense instead of picking up a cheap foul, you jackasses.
Hill...just a bit outside.

And all hell breaks loose. Turner picks up 3, Purdue starts making shots, and the ref is gay for Hummel.
I think I've hit my limit.

Augh. We're now down 7...after being down 4 PJ Hill decided, "Hey, I haven't hit shit all season, I think I'll fire up a 20 foot jumper instead of running the offense."

The ball shanked off the side of the rim at an angle only found in a freshman girls game. Straight to the ground, yet crooked from such an absurd angle off the rim. None of the players fundamentals were still present. He probably wouldn't be playing in any other program this big, but our school can't get a player to stay more than a year or two so instead PJ Hill is in charge.

We're not out of it yet, but will need things like baskets and defense to come back. 48-43.

Turner is done passing for this game. We'll be down by double figures here soon and I'll be scouting out websites to fill out an insane amount of brackets on. Moore finally misses.

And with that cheapass jumpball call, I'd say this one isn't going our way. I'm bailing, I'm quitting, surely they cannot comeback from this 7 point deficit! It's over! I may as well turn it off, good night!
I'll post some thoughts on the the brackets and more importantly our slim chances tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, November 14, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home