Tuesday, January 09, 2007

O - H - I - Ugh

Still-drunken thoughts after a shellacking to (not) remember:

I told you I told you I TOLD YOU THIS DEFENSE WASN'T THAT GOOD. All of you R-tards who at one time or another this season talked about the '06 Buckeye defense and uttered some variation of the phrase "they may give up some yards. but these guys make plays when they have to," (I'm looking at you, local sportsradio hosts Spielman and Rico-whatshisface) boy have I never been less happy to notice how absolutely and hilariously wrong you are about something. Despite possibly being put in less-advantageous positions by the DC (later), as Jeffy pointed out numerous times tonight, the tackling was horrendous, as UF players consistently got 2-3 more yards every play than it looked like they should have.

Speaking of the DC(s), do you guys think it might be a good idea one of these times to NOT RUSH THREE? The most pressure we brought ALL GODDAMN NIGHT was when we would rush 3 defensive linemen and bring a linebacker on a delayed blitz. It's worth nothing that this NEVER WORKED. NOT ONCE. And we never adjusted our defensive scheme; I could probably count on my left hand the number of times we brought five or (*gasp*) six rushers at Leak, and the complete and total lack of pressure was obvious, as Leak had what was probably the best game of the year, and possibly his career. Speaking of which...

Holy shitballs, was Troy Smith horrible. His performance tonight made his draft stock drop like a goddamn stone with Charlie Weis tied to it. He looked scared, jittery, and rusty, none of which I expected after numerous years and 51 extra days of Tressel tutelage. As we discussed during the debacle, we knew the game was essentially over when, midway through the first half, Troy rolled out, shifted away from the oncoming rush, and immediately tucked it to run, eventually getting taken down after about a 2-yard gain. All season, when Troy got away from the pass rush, he kept his eyes downfield, looking to make a play -- when he never even thought about passing on that play, and just tucked it to run ... well, I was more terrified then than after any great play made by Florida.

That being sais, I think we definitively KNEW the game was over after Florida's horrendous kicker Chris Hetland absolutely douched his second FG attempt through the uprights, making the previously 1-for-10-on-FGs-of 30-or-more-yards kickfucker 2-for-2, with both booted directly through. I mean, when it's your day, it's your day.

Lastly, I mean, I just have to know: ON 4TH-AND-1, WHO THE FUCK RUNS IT UP THE MIDDLE AND PULLS THEIR GUARD ON THE PLAY?!?!?!?!????!!!!!???!?!?!???!

3 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, January 09, 2007, Blogger The Dur said...

It could be worse...you could have been right outside the stadium next to a ton (4 girls) of Florida fans...I do have some interesting pictures though. I'll post the report on Wednesday. Drink 'till you stop bleeding.

 
At 10:29 AM, January 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh...not only that, but I don't even remember half the night. I know I made it home, but much of the rest was a blur. Stupid Meier Rum

 
At 12:59 PM, January 10, 2007, Blogger The Diddy said...

The highlight of the night was Phil ordering a 'MansAle' and having the waitress come back and ask it's made.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home