Thursday, December 22, 2005

Thebowl.challenge: Two Games Down!

Two games into thebowl.challenge, apparently we have a person in the group who wasn't in the group yesterday. Someone who calls him/herself "Z. Zaret" has entered the fray, and has done so with two entries. As Evan and I discussed, one entry per person is the limit. For the purposes of this post, I'm counting Mr./Mrs. Zaret's worst entry as his/her only entry. So, without further Freddy, here's where we all stand after 2 games:
















RankTeamOwnerRecordPPRTOTAL
1This is My EntryP. Wholezingah2-036541
2HONK!J. Maynard2-037531
3Jew-Drew BreesT. Hykes1-137826
4ShinyK. Sandberg1-137925
5Santa's Little HelperMaw and Paw Moyer2-038818
6Splatterdome Brady QuinnJ. Moyer1-139014
7Tedd E Inge 4 HeismanS. Mizer2-039511
8DurhamR. Durham1-139110
9Charlie Weiss is FatJ. Wise2-04015
10NyholmM. Nyholm2-04033
10Big Jim Slade's WinnersA. Schill2-04033
12Unoriginal BastardR. Davis1-14032
13BuuuuuuuuuuuuungZ. Zaret0-24030
13LEEEEEROOOOOYYY!E. Fairchild0-23710



On tap for tonight, we have the Las Vegas Bowl between Cal and BYU at 8:00 p.m., with an SOC from Nips coming online either sometime late tonight or early tomorrow, and the Poinsettia Bowl between Colorado State and Navy at 10:30 p.m., with an SOC from yours truly undoubtedly coming sometime tomorrow. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, December 22, 2005, Blogger The Diddy said...

Right before the Toleder/UTEP game last night I switched over to the duece to catch some studio time for college basketball. The camera was focused on both Majerus and Steve Lavin.
Right as I turned it to the channel, Majerus (with a straight face) utters these words, "I'm not a big gay guy". Now I'm assuming he was talking about Rudy Gay, but that doesn't matter. Why? Not that he said it, but that Lavin was visibly laughing after he said it and trying to act like he wasn't. Pure Gold.

 
At 3:14 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Torgonator said...

Two comments in one here...

1.) Just for clarification because this seems to have been a point of confusion - I only had two entries because two days before the start of the bowl season I was in Boston and I had lost my password for my ESPN account that I had used to join the group... and I had never set my entry so it was all defaulted. I didn't have access to the associated e-mail address, so I couldn't obtain my password. My only choice was to miraculously figure out my password or else create a new user and a corresponding entry. So I created a new entry because, frankly, I wanted to participate. Somehow participating with a detached user with default values just doesn't sound fun. But then, after getting yelled at by Jackson, I made some calls and managed to get my password and remove my first entry. It all worked out in the end...

2.) Choosing Arkansas State to win the first game was a complete accident and SUCKS royally. 26 confidence points and I accidentally picked the wrong team! Argh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home