Saturday, February 10, 2007

A few things

I caught the last 8 minutes of the game today. My TVguide.com said that it wasn't on, but I searched around and found an ESPN Plus. The slice of the game was a nice cross section of what's been going on. Our guys can be stupid but somehow (Conley?) they score when they need to. Initially I was just going to blog about how bad Terwilliger is. He does not grab defensive rebounds, he merely tips them to whoever is near, often the other team. We had a girl on my championship intramural co-ed basketball team at OSU who did this. (I should mention Reader Wise was head coach of that team) Did the "Big T" play volleyball in high school? Is he from some sort of beach that played a lot of volleyball, does he have opposable thumbs? Why can't he grab the ball?

I think that game may have gone the other way on the road as Oden wouldn't have been given 2 no-calls in the final few minutes. But good enough, it's a win. I then flipped over and found the last 2 minutes of Penn State at Northwestern. These teams apparently have a Jim Crowe clause because it was very "unathletic" out there. I would hate to be a Penn State student...We're so so in football and always suck in basketball, it's cold, why am I here?

And the final good news of the day, I was just called by my old championship head coach (representation at an affordable price) and he said that the Midwest Regional is in St. Louis at the Edward Jones Dome so I might be able to see our boys in person just by hopping on the MetroLink. Knowing my year we'll make it to the Final Four, even the championship, run the opening kickoff back start with a 7-0 run and then proceed to get stomped. UCLA just lost which should put us at #2 in front of 2 teams who beat us. I hate the basketball AP, it's worthless and changes too much. It reminds me of (other people's) grade school dating. (I had too many zits to participate...even though I didn't hit my growth spurt until 12th grade...I just got the zits and not the adult body...that's why I didn't like to shower with the team...not that I ever got into the game enough to get sweaty...)

2 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger Jack said...

Fucking co-ed IM basketball. Me and Dids and Scooter did that freshman year, and our girls were terrible because they had never played before and I don't even know why they were on the team, which was unfortunate because girls got like double the points for anything they did, and we lost every game by about 5, like 55-50, with our bitches getting outscored something like 35-0. I hate sports sometimes.

 
At 2:09 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger The Dur said...

We had 2 girls who transfered and used to play at Case Western. One of them hit a lot of 3's...I should write a blog about that season sometime to let coach Wise get his glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home